- Diabetes is two to four times more common among Indians than other population
- Nearly half of all diabetes among Indians remains undiagnosed.
- Abdominal obesity, sedentary life, and high glycaemic diet are the main contributors of diabetes among Indians.
- People with diabetes have two to four fold risk of having and dying from heart attack.
- Diabetes have more diffuse, multivessel and inoperable heart disease.
- Diabetes have increased risk of recurrent heart attacks and hospital deaths.
“So ALL DIABETICS SHOULD UNDERGO MASTER HEART AND DIABETIC CHECKUP EVERY YEAR ”.